Product demonstration video of the high capacity vegetable processing line including the vegetable washing machine VWM-5000:
Vegetable Washing Machine VWM-5000
The vegetable washing machine VWM-5000 is designed for small and medium-sized vegetable processing companies. This machine perfectly suits with the belt cutting machine BCM-3000, the conveyor belt HCB-600-TS and the centrifugal dryer in a complete vegetable processing line. The VWM-5000 comes standard with a fly catcher. The vegetables are either transported to the washing tank of the VWM-5000 by a conveyor belt or thrown in manually. In the washing tank, the vegetables are washed very intensively by a system of a powerful 11 kW pump and water nozzles in both side walls (for circulation) and in the back headboard (for propulsion). The products are submerged by a big drum (flycatcher) as well. Due to the perforated flycatcher, insects (floating) will be filtered out and removed. In case of products without any insects, the flycatcher can be tilted to the front during the washing of the products. This can also be done for cleaning the machine.
Subsequently the vegetables will be transported over the vibrating sieve. Here the vegetables get an extra ‘shower’ with clean water by the sprinklers. The overflowing water is removed through the perforated soil to the filter tank. All the sand and vegetable leftovers are filtered out through the standard mounted fine mesh drum filter, whereupon the water is recycled to the washing tank. The filtered waste can be collected under the drum filter in a waste bin.Vegetable processing line 2000 kg/h (from right to left: preparation station VPS-6, belt cutting machine BCM-3000, conveyor belt HCB-600-TS, washing machine VWM-5000, basket mill ACBM, and drying machine HS-FLEX)
Washing and mixing vegetables
Both sinking and floating vegetables can be washed with the vegetable washing machine VWM-5000. In addition, this machine can also be used for mixing salads. The whirl and flow can be adjusted separately with butterfly valves. In this way the vegetables can be mixed homogenously (only whirl). And after opening the butterfly valve for flow, the vegetables can be transported out of the machine through the vibrating sieve conveyor.
Sorting out vegetables
The vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine VWM-5000 is able to sort out the small unwanted pieces among cut vegetables. All vibrating decks are customizable. This means that the customer can decide the diameter size of the perforation in the deck and thereby controlling the size of the unwanted product to be filtered. The decks are also very easy to interchange on the vegetable washing machine.
- Vibrating deck – Custom size perforation: this vibrating sieve is perfectly suited for sorting out the small unwanted pieces among diced and sliced products. A brief list of examples are: melon dices, chili pepper slices/rings, carrot dices, onion dices, and paprika dices.
- Vibrating deck – Standard perforation: this vibrating sieve is used when the product does not have to be sorted out. The 3 mm perforation size of this vibrating deck is perfectly suited to only filter the washing water from the product.
- Easy to operate
- Excellent washing result with a very low germ count
- Extremely solid construction
- A perfectly hygienic finish
- Easy to clean
Technical data and dimensions
- Capacity: up to 2000 kg/hour, depending on the dirt content and the density of the product.
- Electrical data: 3 Ph / 400 V / 50 Hz / 12.97 kW / 22.97 A
- Power: 12.97 kW
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 5450 x 1800 x 2130 mm
- Input height: 1300 mm
- Weight: approx. 1300 kg
- Water capacity: 2000 L