Demonstration video of the VWM-2500 in a vegetable processing line with a multi-stage washing solution:
Demonstration video of sorting out cut vegetables on the vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine VWM-2500:
Vegetable washing machine VWM-2500
The vegetable washing machine VWM-2500 is designed for small and medium-sized vegetable processing companies. This machine goes perfectly together with the BCM-1650 / BCM-2450 belt-cutting machine, the HCB-400-TS conveyor belt and the centrifugal dryer HS-FLEX in a vegetable processing line. To start washing, the vegetables are either transported to the washing tank of the spiral washer by a conveyor belt or thrown in manually. In the washing tank, the vegetables are washed very intensively by a system of a powerful pump and water nozzles in the side wall (for circulation) and in the back headboard (for propulsion). After that, the vegetables are transported over the vibrating sieve. At this stage the vegetables get an extra ‘shower’ with clean water by the sprinklers. The overflowing water is removed through the perforated soil to the filter tank. All the sand and vegetable leftovers are filtered out, whereupon the water is recycled to the washing tank of the vegetable washer.Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-1650, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS, washing machine VWM-2500, basket mill ACBM, and drying machine HS-ES)
Washing and mixing vegetables
Both sinking and floating vegetables can be washed with the vegetable washing machine VMW-2500. In addition, this machine can also be used for mixing salads. The whirl and flow can be adjusted separately with butterfly valves. In this way the vegetables can be mixed homogenously (only whirl). And after opening the butterfly valve for flow, the vegetables can be transported out of the spiral washer through the vibrating sieve conveyor.
Multi-stage vegetable washing solutions
The vegetable washing machine VWM-2500 (as well as the VWM-3600) can also be integrated into a multi-stage washing solution. This is especially useful for cleaning vegetables with a higher dirt content because the integration of every additional washing stage will contribute to an even cleaner product and to a very low germ count. The amount of washing stages can be tailored to the meet the customer’s demand.Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h with two washers (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-2450, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS (extended version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heigthened version), washing machine VWM-3600, basket mill ACBM, and drying machine HS-FLEX)
Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h with three washers (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-2450, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS (extended version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heightened version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heigthened version), washing machine VWM-3600, basket mill ACBM, and 3x drying machine HS-FLEX)
Sorting out vegetables
The vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine VWM-2500 is able to sort out the small unwanted pieces among cut vegetables. All vibrating decks are customizable. This means that the customer can decide the diameter size of the perforation in the deck and thereby controlling the size of the unwanted product to be filtered. The decks are also very easy to interchange on the vegetable washing machine.
- Vibrating deck – Custom size perforation: this vibrating sieve is perfectly suited for sorting out the small unwanted pieces among diced and sliced products. A brief list of examples are: melon dices, chili pepper slices/rings, carrot dices, onion dices, and paprika dices.
- Vibrating deck – Standard perforation: this vibrating sieve is used when the product does not have to be sorted out. The 3 mm perforation size of this vibrating deck is perfectly suited to only filter the washing water from the product.
- Easy to operate vegetable washer
- Excellent washing result with a very low germ count
- Extremely solid construction
- A perfectly hygienic finish
- Easy to clean
Cleaning and hygiene
- The perforated bottom of the vibrating sieve can be easily dismantled using pre-tensioners.
- The screen plate and bulkheads of the filter tank can be removed easily, like the screen plate of the washing tank.
- All piping parts can be dismantled very quickly and without tools by means of the tri-clamps. They have no screw thread on the pipe ends, and therefore are much more hygienic than the common used dairy fittings (nut/coupling nut).
- Because of the use of tri-clamps, butterfly valve, and high quality welding, all piping and fitting comply to the strictest rules and regulations of the pharmaceutical and dairy industry.
- The machine can be cleaned quickly, thoroughly and hygienically, because of the smoothly finished surfaces and the lack of ‘dirty angles’.
- All external wiring is bundled neatly on stainless steel rods, making it easy to keep it dirt free.
- Capacity: up to 800 kg/hour, depending on the dirt content and the density of the product.
- Electrical data: 3 Ph / 400 V / 50 Hz / 4 A
- Power: 1.94 kW
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2690 x 1000 x 1790 mm
- Weight: 361 kg
- Water capacity: washing tank 285 L + filter tank 180 L = total 465 L
- Water connection: ¾” hose for filling, ½” hose for after sprinkling.