Product demonstration video of the vegetable processing line including the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600:
Demonstration video of the VWM-3600 in a vegetable processing line with a multi-stage washing solution:
Vegetable Washing Machine VWM-3600
The vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 is designed for small- and medium sized vegetable processing companies. The machine perfectly suits with the BCM-1650 / BCM-2450 belt-cutting machine, the HCB-400-TS conveyor belt and the centrifugal dryer HS-FLEX in a vegetable processing line. By development the VWM-3600 is created out of the well-known VWM-2500 vegetable washing machine. Due to the increased length of the washing tank (+1 meter) space is created for the optional flycatcher.
To start the process, vegetables are either transported to the washing tank of the VWM-3600 by a conveyor belt or thrown in manually. In the washing tank, the vegetables are washed very intensively by a system of a powerful pump and water nozzles in the side wall (for circulation) and in the back headboard (for propulsion). The products are submerged by a big drum (flycatcher) as well. Due to the perforated flycatcher, insects will be filtered out and removed. When a product does not contain any insects, the flycatcher can be tilted to the front while washing the products. This can also be done while cleaning the machine.
Subsequently, the vegetables will be transported over the vibrating sieve. Here the vegetables get an extra ‘shower’ with clean water by the sprinklers. The overflowing water is removed through the perforated soil to the filter tank. All the sand and vegetable leftovers are filtered out, whereupon the water is recycled back into the washing tank.Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-1650, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS, washing machine VWM-3600, basket mill ACBM, and drying machine HS-FLEX)
Washing and mixing vegetables
Both sinking and floating vegetables can be washed with the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600. In addition, this machine can also be used for mixing salads. The whirl and flow can be adjusted separately with butterfly valves. In this way the vegetables can be mixed homogenously (only whirl). And after opening the butterfly valve for flow, the vegetables can be transported out of the machine through the vibrating sieve conveyor.
Multi-stage vegetable washing solutions
The vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 (as well as the VWM-2500) can also be integrated into a multi-stage washing solution. This is especially useful for cleaning vegetables with a higher dirt content because the integration of every additional washing stage will contribute to an even cleaner product and to a very low germ count. The amount of washing stages can be tailored to the meet the customer’s demand.Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h with two washers (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-2450, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS (extended version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heigthened version), washing machine VWM-3600, basket mill ACBM, and drying machine HS-FLEX)
Vegetable processing line 1000 kg/h with three washers (from right to left: belt cutting machine BCM-2450, conveyor belt HCB-400-TS (extended version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heightened version), washing machine VWM-2500 (heigthened version), washing machine VWM-3600, basket mill ACBM, and 3x drying machine HS-FLEX)
Sorting out vegetables
The vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 is able to sort out the small unwanted pieces among cut vegetables. All vibrating decks are customizable. This means that the customer can decide the diameter size of the perforation in the deck and thereby controlling the size of the unwanted product to be filtered. The decks are also very easy to interchange on the vegetable washing machine.
- Vibrating deck – Custom size perforation: this vibrating sieve is perfectly suited for sorting out the small unwanted pieces among diced and sliced products. A brief list of examples are: melon dices, chili pepper slices/rings, carrot dices, onion dices, and paprika dices.
- Vibrating deck – Standard perforation: this vibrating sieve is used when the product does not have to be sorted out. The 3 mm perforation size of this vibrating deck is perfectly suited to only filter the washing water from the product.
- Easy to operate
- Excellent washing result with a very low germ count
- Extremely solid construction
- A perfectly hygienic finish
- Easy to clean
Cleaning / hygiene
- The perforated bottom plate of the vibrating sieve can be easily dismantled with using of fast pre-tensioners.
- The screen plate and bulkheads of the filter tank can be removed easily. Also, the screen plate of the washing tank can be removed easily.
- All piping parts can be dismantled very quickly and without tools by means of tri-clamps. They have no screw thread on the pipe-ends, and as a result are much more hygienic than the common used dairy fittings (nut/coupling nut).
- Because of the use of tri-clamps, butterfly valve, and high quality welding, all piping and fitting comply to even the strictest demands and regulations of the pharmaceutical and dairy industry.
- The machine can be cleaned quickly, radically and hygienically, because of the smoothly finished surfaces and the lack of ‘dirty angles’.
- All external wiring is bundled nicely on stainless steel rods, making it easy to keep it dirt free.
- Capacity: from 500 to 1000 kg/hour, depending on the dirt content and the density of the product.
- Electrical data: 3 Ph / 400 V / 50 Hz / 5.2 A
- Power: 2,6 kW
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 3835 x 1289 x 1790 mm
- Weight: 480 kg
- Water capacity: 690 L
- Water connection: ¾” hose for filling, ½” hose for after sprinkling