Product demonstration video of the vegetable processing line including the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 VS:
Sorting out vegetables with the vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine:
The vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 VS is designed for small- and medium sized vegetable processing companies. The machine perfectly suits with the BCM-1650 / BCM-2450 belt-cutting machine, the HCB-400-TS conveyor belt and the centrifugal dryer HS-FLEX in a vegetable processing line. By development the VWM-3600 VS is created out of the well-known VWM-2500 vegetable washing machine. Due to the increased length of the washing tank (+1 meter) space is created for the optional flycatcher.
To start the process, vegetables are either transported to the washing tank of the VWM-3600 by a conveyor belt or thrown in manually. In the washing tank, the vegetables are washed very intensively by a system of a powerful pump and water nozzles in the side wall (for circulation) and in the back headboard (for propulsion). The products are submerged by a big drum (flycatcher) as well. Due to the perforated flycatcher, insects will be filtered out and removed. When a product does not contain any insects, the flycatcher can be tilted to the front while washing the products. This can also be done while cleaning the machine.
Subsequently, the vegetables will be transported over the vibrating sieve. Here the vegetables get an extra ‘shower’ with clean water by the sprinklers. The overflowing water is removed through the perforated soil to the filter tank. All the sand and vegetable leftovers are filtered out, whereupon the water is recycled back into the washing tank.
Alternatively, Jegerings.com also has the VWM-3600 CB (conveyor belt) model. This execution has a conveyor belt with a fine mesh belt instead of the vibrating sieve. The machine will usually be used for delicate (leafy) vegetables, to prevent damaging the product. The mesh belt is powered by a SS drum motor and a SS pulley. Besides, a compressor with blowpipe is mounted to continuously clean the mesh belt.
Washing and mixing:
Both sinking and floating vegetables can be washed with the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 VS. In addition, this machine can also be used for mixing salads. The whirl and flow can be adjusted separately with butterfly valves. In this way the vegetables can be mixed homogenously (only whirl). And after opening the butterfly valve for flow, the vegetables can be transported out of the machine through the vibrating sieve conveyor.
Sorting out vegetables
The vibrating sieve of the vegetable washing machine VWM-3600 VS is able to sort out the small unwanted pieces among cut vegetables. All vibrating decks are customizable. This means that the customer can decide the diameter size of the perforation in the deck and thereby controlling the size of the unwanted product to be filtered. The decks are also very easy to interchange on the vegetable washing machine.
Vibrating deck – Round perforation: this vibrating sieve is perfectly suited for sorting out the small unwanted pieces among diced and sliced products. A brief list of examples are: melon dices, chili pepper slices/rings, carrot dices, onion dices, and paprika dices.
Vibrating deck – Slot perforation: this vibrating sieve is perfectly suited for sorting out the small unwanted pieces among long shaped products such as carrot sticks/strips and French fries.
Vibrating deck – Standard perforation: this vibrating sieve is used standardly when the product does not have to be sorted out. The 3 mm perforation is perfectly suited for filtering the washing water through the vibrating deck.
- Easy to operate
- Excellent washing result with a very low germ count
- Extremely solid construction
- A perfectly hygienic finish
- Easy to clean
Cleaning / hygiene:
- The perforated bottom plate of the vibrating sieve can be easily dismantled with using of fast pre-tensioners.
- The screen plate and bulkheads of the filter tank can be removed easily. Also, the screen plate of the washing tank can be removed easily.
- All piping parts can be dismantled very quickly and without tools by means of tri-clamps. They have no screw thread on the pipe-ends, and as a result are much more hygienic than the common used dairy fittings (nut/coupling nut).
- Because of the use of tri-clamps, butterfly valve, and high quality welding, all piping and fitting comply to even the strictest demands and regulations of the pharmaceutical and dairy industry.
- The machine can be cleaned quickly, radically and hygienically, because of the smoothly finished surfaces and the lack of ‘dirty angles’.
- All external wiring is bundled nicely on stainless steel rods, making it easy to keep it dirt free.
- Capacity: from 500 to 1000 kg/hour, depending on the dirt content and the density of the product.
- Electrical data: 3 Ph / 400 V / 50 Hz / 5.2 A
- Power: 2,6 kW
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 3835 x 1289 x 1790 mm
- Weight: 480 kg
- Water capacity: 690 L
- Water connection: ¾” hose for filling, ½” hose for after sprinkling
Through our own production and direct delivery to the end user a competitive price/performance ratio. Request a detailed offer here without further obligation.